Siegel Society for Legacy Giving
The SAE Foundation established the Siegel Society for Legacy Giving to recognize our special benefactors who support the Foundation’s mission by making provisions for planned gifts such as bequests, charitable gift annuities and trusts.
“Take a little, leave a little and we’ll all have some.”
That was the hand-printed request on the inside of into the pantry door of a cabin Arnold and Stephanie Siegel stumbled upon out hiking one day as a young couple. That message struck a chord with Arne and Steffi and became the cornerstone of their personal approach towards philanthropy.
Arne and Steffi have an unwavering commitment to science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) education and are passionate advocates of the SAE foundation’s mission, providing leadership and inspiring others to give. The Siegel Society provides a way for you to leave a legacy and help provide a brighter future by including the SAE Foundation in your estate plans.
We invite you to join Arne and Steffi in furthering the education of young people and introducing them to the opportunities that exist in the world of science, technology, engineering and math.
It is with the heaviest of hearts that we share the sad news that our beloved friend, Arne Siegel, passed away on Friday, June 23, 2017 in Montana. Read a tribute to Arne.
Siegel Society Members
Joining the Siegel Society
To join the Siegel Society, the SAE Foundation requests documentation that you have included the SAE Foundation in your estate plans:
- A bequest provision in your will or revocable trust and/or completion of a bequest intent form provided by the SAE Foundation
- A life-income gift that names the SAE Foundation as a remainder beneficiary, such as a charitable remainder trust or a charitable gift annuity
- A charitable lead trust that provides income to the SAE Foundation for a donor’s lifetime or a term of years
- A gift or assignment of qualified retirement plan assets such as an IRA, 401(k) or 403(b)
- A gift of life insurance
- Certain other planned gifts
Your membership in the Siegel Society reflects your deep, personal commitment to helping provide for future generations and your belief in the critical importance of high-quality science, technology and math education.
When you join the Siegel Society, you will receive a welcome letter from the Foundation Board of Trustees Chair and the SAE President. With your permission, we will also recognize your generosity with:
- Formal announcement of Siegel Society membership to current members;
- Special recognition on the SAE Foundation website;
- Special recognition in SAE Foundation Annual Report;
- Invitation to special events; and
- A Siegel Society Memento.
As a Siegel Society member, you will also receive timely information and tips regarding gift and estate planning from the SAE Foundation.
For more information, please contact: